photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Thursday 6 September 2012

New York memories

It's been almost two weeks since I got back from New York and I'm still pining to go back. I've also only just unpacked my souvenirs - how lazy am I? I wanted to share with you my cute little finds, I think i've been pretty good at not buying clothes (mainly because Ash would probably have had a big tantrum if I'd decided to go clothes shopping as well as dragging him to a ton of vegan places).

Firstly is my signed Alex Pardee print. I bought this from The Cotton Candy Machine - which is a store I've always wanted to go to. It's in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and stocks a ton of my favourite artists such as Miss Van, Jon Burgerman, Tara McPherson and many many more. If you're every in Williamsburg I recommend you give this shop a visit. Not only is the guy who runs it knowledgeable about the art, he's really enthusiastic and ended up doing dramatic readings (from memory) about Alex Pardee's zero friends t-shirts. We were really impressed and Ash ended up buying a zero friends smurf t-shirt too.


Next is my beloved mammoth figure which I got from The Evolution Store. I loved this store. I'm aware, as a vegan, taxidermy should probably gross me out but I have a weird interest in it. It's full of skulls, taxidermy, faux taxidermy, fake brains and lots of fun things. It's like a museum in a shop. When I saw the Anotomical kits I got so excited. I wanted so many of them, especially the dinosaur ones. But I couldn't justify the $129 for a dinosaur that was only slightly bigger than the $38 figures.  So I brought home this mammoth instead. He's gonna look so cute on my desk in my studio!


I also bought a cute cat from China town. I've always wanted one that wagged it's paw, and this one is solar powered and so cute!

I bought some cute decorations for my Christmas tree too! These will always remind me of my awesome holiday in New York.


4 comments:

  1. Love all your New York finds, especially that print by Alex Pardee. It's amazing. I'm a vegetarian and I really want some faux taxidermy for my wall, so it's not gross at all! :]

    Xo,
    ♥ Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not only me! I really want to have a go at making some fake taxidermy!

      Delete
  2. Ohh what a great set of finds - that print is AMAZING. Like, beautiful beautiful work. Wow!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same solar manekineko!!!! and that drawing is AMAZING - the colors and detail are beautiful

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete